And here's this gem, for those of you who like really uncomfortable photos.
- Baby is moving way LESS than before. I hardly felt him at all. And, as is normal for a pregnant woman, I worried and fretted for every second of it.
- I used to have such a sweet tooth, but am almost never in the mood for sugar now. If, on the rare occasion I do want sugar, I eat about a quarter of what I used to. This kid wants MEAT!
- I read a book on gentle birthing options, and unlike many of you more sensible people, the whole thing just made me mad. Yes, I'm still choosing a hospital birth. Yes, I'm still getting an epidural. Yes, I'm still going to have our son circumcised. No, I probably won't labor in water. And at some point, I'll probably call a nurse a bad word for denying me food for twelve hours, and then I'll apologize later as I cry and ask her to help my baby latch. And none of that means that I respect my body or baby any less than people who go with more "natural" options.
- I ate the richest food of my life this week. White pizza with black truffle cheese, cheeseburgers, pizza two more times, spaghetti with meat sauce, ice cream, and boba two times, among other things that I can't remember. And it was glorious. I spent about five minutes thinking "I've eaten too much rich food. I just want a salad or something." And then I ate a salad (with absurd amounts of homemade ranch dressing) and proceeded to eat my third pizza of the week.
- My brain's lack of function is totally out of control. We were driving to meet my family for dinner one night, and I legitimately thought we were driving my parent's car (we weren't; we were in our own car). Conrad pointed to a car on the road that was the same make, model, and color as our car, and I said, totally seriously, "That's not our car. Ours has the zoo sticker on the back." Conrad burst into laughter, and it took me a good ten seconds to realize that, of course that isn't our car, because we are driving our car.
- Several other brain-fails happened, but I can't remember them at the moment. See what I mean?
- Because of all the rich food (and the progressing pregnancy, I think), I gained somewhere around 3 pounds in a week. That's fine, considering my weight gain was on the low side before, but I probably shouldn't keep gaining that much every week. Time for salads, fruit, and yogurt.
- My diaper bag came in the mail! I didn't really even mean to get it. I posted it on Facebook saying I liked it but it was too expensive, and a whole thread unraveled and a friend of a friend saw the post, said he had one that he'd never use, and offered it to me for a third of the retail price. Sometimes, Facebook is great.